The highly-anticipated BBX Capital Men of Style event, presented by Signature Grand and CAN Community Health, is returning to Galleria Fort Lauderdale from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 30. The event is known for being the season’s most stylish social gathering at one of Broward County’s top shopping destinations. This year’s honorees and returning guest host, WPLG Local 10 Anchor Jacey Birch, have been announced by Galleria Fort Lauderdale.
For the past 16 years, Galleria Fort Lauderdale has been hosting the high-energy event featuring a remarkable lineup of distinguished men making a positive difference in the community. The event has successfully raised funds for 12 local charities, which help improve the quality of life for those they serve and the community as a whole. Last year’s event alone raised a record-breaking $310,000.
“Galleria Fort Lauderdale is proud to launch another Men of Style, now in our 17th year of raising funds for worthy local nonprofits,” Melissa Milroy says, senior marketing manager of Galleria Fort Lauderdale. “In the tradition of this successful event, we are honored to feature leading men on the runway who are making a difference while showcasing the latest fashion trends that you can find at Galleria Fort Lauderdale.”
The 12 distinguished men from South Florida who have generously dedicated their time and resources to support worthwhile causes will grace the runway on behalf of their respective nonprofit organizations. The honorees are:
- Bill Beckman, Sales Director at Becton, Dickinson and Company (South Florida Symphony Orchestra)
- James Conner, Chief Grants Officer of Pulte Family Charitable Foundation (Henderson Behavioral Health)
- David Diaz, Real Estate Advisor for David Diaz Realty/Compass (FLITE Center)
- Phil Dunlap, Director of Broward County’s Cultural Division (History Fort Lauderdale)
- Brad Friedman, President & CEO of Artisan Foods Catering (Art & Culture Center/Hollywood)
- Joshua Levenson, Partner at Holland & Knight LLP (Leadership Broward)
- Alfredo Lopez, Creative Services Director of Northrop & Johnson (Kids In Distress)
- Malcolm MacInnes, President of MGM General Contracting (HANDY)
- Jason MacMenamin, Vice President of Global Learning Architecture at American Express (Florida Children’s Theatre)
- Alfredo Olvera, Realtor and Director of the Board at The Pride Center at Equality Park (The Pride Center at Equality Park)
- Tyler Smillie, Senior Vice President of Private Banking at Bank of America (Jack & Jill Children’s Center)
- Bill Walker, President of Water Taxi of Fort Lauderdale (Children’s Diagnostic & Treatment Center)
Attendees will enjoy live entertainment and a variety of gourmet dishes from local restaurants such as Lona at the Westin, La Fuga, and The Escape at Kimpton Shorebreak Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, Lips Fort Lauderdale, Tulio’s Tacos and Tequila Bar, The Capital Grille, and others yet to be announced. The event will also feature an open bar, serving Stoli Vodka, wines from Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants and beer from Funky Buddha Brewery. The night’s highlight is the fashion runway show, where the Men of Style honorees will showcase the latest fashion trends from Macy’s and Dillard’s.
Sponsors and contributors of the event feature BBX Capital as the title sponsor, Signature Grand and CAN Community Health as presenting sponsors and supporting sponsors such as Dillard’s, Macy’s, GPR | Goodman Public Relations, City & Shore magazine, OutClique, WPLG Local 10, Stoli, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants and The Capital Grille.
Tickets are on sale through Oct. 11 and will be $150 per person, including complimentary valet parking. Online voting for the leading man of style will be available at $25 per vote.