John Knox Village of Florida, Inc. and John Knox Village Foundation will host the inaugural Aging Greatly 2022 Symposium on Thursday, Nov. 17, at the John Knox Village Cultural Arts Center in Pompano Beach. The informative event will feature industry leaders (in-person and virtually) on aging, including New York Times bestselling author Dr. Michael Roizen and Director of the MIT Age Lab Dr. Joseph Coughlin.
Maria Shriver, an internationally known journalist, television personality, bestselling author, and leading advocate for aging well, will be the keynote speaker. Her summit, “Radically Reframing Aging,” focuses on age, health, purpose and joy. She will participate virtually from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. while addressing how to stay healthy, engaged, and purposeful at any age.
The 2022 Symposium will occur from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., with lunch provided by sponsor Northern Trust Bank, and will conclude with a networking reception from 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. This event is complimentary and open to the public, but seating is limited and signing up on Eventbrite is mandatory.
AG22’s lineup includes:
- Ben Nemtin, creator of MTV’s “The Buried Life Series” on Bucket Lists at 60 and Lifelong Learning – in person
- Chris Brickler, CEO MyndVR, on Virtual Reality, Aging & Health – in person
- Michael Roizen, Ph.D., bestselling author and Co-Founder of Real Age, Inc. on The Great Age Reboot – virtual
- Dr. Joseph Coughlin, Director of MIT Aging Lab on The Longevity Economy – in person
- Maria Shriver, Lunch Keynote Speaker – virtual
- Dr. Jean Accius, SVP Global Thought Leadership AARP on The Future of Aging – in person
- Award-winning Professor Gail Kohn on Living a Purposeful Life – Age Friendly Cities – in person
The emcees for AG22 are Monica McAfee, JKV’s Chief Marketing and Innovation Officer, and Mark Dobosz, Director of JKV Foundation.
“Thanks to the generous donations made to the John Knox Village Foundation, we are thrilled to present the first “Aging Greatly” symposium as part of the movement to change the narrative on aging,” Dobosz says. “We are especially excited to host Maria Shriver, an outspoken and recognized advocate on aging, as our keynote speaker. Ms. McAfee adds, “With our award-winning programming, JKV has become an industry leader on aging with purpose and wellness. We are honored to host this forward-thinking symposium featuring top leaders and educators in this field.”