NSU Broward Center of Innovation to Host NASA for South Florida Space Day
The event is free and open to the public
To help focus on planting the “Space Flag” in South Florida and supporting the economy of space entrepreneurship, the Alan B. Levan | NSU Broward Center of Innovation in Fort Lauderdale will host South Florida Space Day on Oct. 12. The event will focus on trends, challenges, opportunities and strategies of entrepreneurship within the space sector. It will also feature panels, seminars, an entrepreneur showcase, a business expo, networking opportunities and an entrepreneur pitch event. The Space Day event will last from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., including a Proclamation by Broward County Mayor Michael Udine declaring Oct. 12 “Broward County Space Day.” Lead exhibitors include NASA, the Space Foundation, Space Florida, and startups within the space sector.
Trends that will be explored include:
- Earth, inner, and outer space applications
- Technological advances creating expectations of more cost-effective space activities
- Increased private investment by investors who are new to space
- A global economy that is increasingly data-dependent with diverse effects on space capabilities and markets
- Increasingly widely shared vision of space as transformative for humanity, and military/strategic developments around space as a crowded and valuable high ground.
- Global space economy approaching $470 billion – the fastest growth since 2014 – will become a trillion-dollar industry.
- U.S. space economy is approaching $200 billion and 350,000 direct employment, and 1 million employees globally
- Lunar economy – Earth to the moon
- Increased public/private partnerships between industry and government
- Market evolutions
- Technology disruptions
- Internationalization of space activity
- Commercialization of the space sector
- There has never been a more opportune time for entrepreneurs to launch and scale companies.
Goals for the event include:
- Creating a “collision station” bringing awareness and opportunities to the South Florida region to better support the growing space sector by connecting to the Florida Space Coast and national and international space systems.
- Promoting and recruiting for applications to the LEVL5: SPACE DOCK at NSU™ Ideate program
Please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org for information on sponsorship opportunities or more details. For more information and to register, visit www.LevanCenterSpaceDay.com.