Effective at 6 a.m. Wednesday, Miami-Dade County parks, marinas, golf courses and boat launches are allowed open with restrictions, but many other aspects of a Phase 1 reopening aren’t happening yet, such as reopening of beaches, an email from the Coconut Grove Business Improvement District indicates.
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is expected to address statewide reopening plans on Wednesday.
Park goers must wear face coverings unless under 2 years of age and must follow social distancing requirements of maintaining 6 feet or more of distance from non-family members. Dog parks, playgrounds, domino tables, skate parks, and bike racks remain closed.
A PDF posted online
gives details about other aspects of an order issued on Tuesday, including rules about golf and boating.
The city of Miami will work with the Florida Department of Health to track and analyze the number of new Covid-19 cases, the number of Covid-19 hospitalizations, and the overall reduction of symptoms. If there is a downward trajectory in each of these indicators the city will begin lifting restrictions over a period of three phases. Each phase initiates after 14 days of improvement as determined by the Department of Health.
- Curfew lifted, shelter in place lifted, and City of Miami parks, beaches and marinas to re-open.
- No business or establishment may operate if the total occupancy load exceeds 25 percent of the authorized total occupancy load.
- No business may operate with any occupancy at or above 125 people.
- Alcohol establishments that do not serve food will remain closed, restaurants will operate delivery and take-out only, and all gyms, fitness centers, movie theaters, and live performance venues shall remain closed.
- No business or establishment may operate if the total occupancy load exceeds 50 percent of the authorized total occupancy load.
- No business may operate with an occupancy load at or above 250 people. Restaurants may operate with dining on premises.
- Alcohol establishments, movie theaters, live performance venues, bowling alleys, gyms, and fitness centers may all re-open.
- Allowable occupancy load for all businesses and establishments may increase and government buildings will resume normal staffing.