Sea Tow Forecasts Summer Boating Trends From Annual Member Survey
The company is known as “Your Road Service at Sea®”
To help gauge how boaters feel about recent trends in the marine industry and how fuel prices impact their boating habits, Sea Tow released its Spring 2022 findings from its annual member survey. The data helps SeaTow learn about its members’ needs to ensure services meet demands. The survey generated over 7,800 responses and captured feedback on various topics. Some key findings include:
- Despite the rise in fuel costs, over 50% of boaters reported no anticipated change in their boating season activity due to this current price uptick.
- 10% report fuel costs as a deterrent for using their boat
- Over 65% of boaters do not plan to make any boat renovations or improvements this year.
- 85% of boat usage identified fishing and cruising as primary purposes.
- Over 51% of boaters surveyed say they either have a vacation by boat planned or are seriously considering it.
- The survey also showed that of Sea Tow’s services, over 56% of members ranked free boat towing as the most valued aspect of membership services, correlating with members’ most significant concern of engine failure.
“At Sea Tow, we value our members’ feedback and with this valuable insight, we can better target our services while continuing to provide a superior level of customer service,” Kristen Frohnhoefer says, president of Sea Tow. “Our member survey has proven to be an effective way to communicate with members and allows us to best anticipate these needs now and into the future.”
With a Sea Tow membership, boaters pay one annual rate and receive comprehensive member benefits, including free boat towing in their home area, unlimited dock-to-dock towing on all boats, alternatives to towing such as battery jumps and fuel delivery, nationwide offshore coverage, and on-water services including boat salvage and recovery, vessel for hire and more.