SFBW announces 2016 Apogee Awards honorees
LETTER FROM THE CHAIRMAN AND CEO
Celebrating the Pinnacle
Welcome to the third annual Apogee Awards, a tribute to the success of 25 C-level executives throughout South Florida.
The region has many business awards programs, but this one is unique. Rather than having an awards program for each position, such as a CEO awards program one month and a CFO awards another month, we bring in the entire C-suite for our awards program.
For example, this will allow a chairman of one company to meet and network with a chief marketing officer from another company or the top HR executive of one company to meet the CEO of another company.
We think there is a huge benefit to allow these savvy, driven achievers to be able to share important experiences, challenges and lessons learned. South Florida has a broad geographic sweep, so it is rare to have this group all in one place at one time.
To get our nominations, we sent emails and did outreach throughout the South Florida business community. Our editorial staff did substantial research to help vet the quality and achievements of our honorees.
One of the things we like about the Apogee Awards is that it gives widespread public recognition to positions that often play key behind-the-scenes roles in the success of a business. Chief operating officers and chief marketing officers, for example, can be incredible drivers in the success of a business, but don’t often appears as a highly visible public face.
All of this would not be possible without our sponsors. Special thanks goes to presenting sponsor Mitch Kramer and his Octagon Family of Recruiting Companies (including its divisons of Octagon Technology Staffing and Octagon Professional Recruiting).
We would also like to thank our additional sponsors: Our Gold Sponsors Dale Carnegie Training South Florida, the Miami Dolphins and YTECH International and our Silver Sponsors Brown & Brown Insurance, Comcast Business, INDEX Datafiles, McAleer Gray and NSU Art Museum Fort Lauderdale.
Chairman and CEO, South Florida Business & Wealth
Senior Human Resources Executive
• Broward – Denese Edsall, Broward College
• Miami-Dade – Viviana Santisteban, AmeriKooler
• Broward – Ellen Finnerty, Vitacost
Chief Marketing Officer
• Broward – Marc Cannon, AutoNation
• Miami-Dade – Paula Renaldo, The Keyes Company
• Palm Beach – Margie Kupfer, 3Cinteractive
Chief Information Officer
• Broward – Bob Young, Seminole Gaming-Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
• Miami-Dade – Charles Grau, United Data Technologies
• Miami-Dade – Melvin Kirk, Ryder System
• Palm Beach – Donald Hankus, MDVIP
Chief Financial Officer
• Broward – Linda Wilford, Holy Cross Hospital
• Miami-Dade – Stan Rubin, Ocean Bank
• Palm Beach – Carr Moody, Vision Group Holdings
Chief Operating Officer
• Broward – David Henshall, Citrix Systems
• Miami-Dade – Gonzalo Navarro, ArX Solutions
• Palm Beach – Howard Wander, Kelley Kronenberg
• Broward – Edward Pozzuoli, Tripp Scott
• Miami-Dade, Alex Rodriguez-Roig, Boys & Girls Clubs of Miami-Dade
• Palm Beach, Vickie Anenberg, Cross Country Staffing
Chief Executive Officer
• Broward – Bob Roscioli, Roscioli Yachting Center
• Miami-Dade – Javier Holtz, Marquis Bank
• Palm Beach – Janna Ronert, Image Skincare
• Broward – Bob Moss, Moss & Associates
• Miami-Dade – W. Allen Morris, The Allen Morris Co.
• Palm Beach – Neil Merin, NAI Merin Hunter Codman