South Florida’s web pioneers to speak
A trio of the biggest names in South Florida technology history will speak during an event Thursday evening (Sept. 25) at Citrix Systems in Fort Lauderdale.
The panelists are:
* Manny Medina, founder of Miami’s Terremark, which developed the NAP of the Americas in Miami and became one of the top global cloud providers. Terremark was acquired by Verizon for $1.4 billion. Medina is now chairman of the Medina Capital VC firm and creator of the hugely successful eMerge Americas tech event.
* Mike Levy, Founder of CBS Sportsline the pioneer of Sports info online which went public on NASDAQ and was later acquired by CBS. Mike was noted by Forbes as one of the “Masters of the New Universe” along with Jeff Bezos, and other Digital leaders.
* Scott Adams, co-Founder of Hiway Technologies of Boca Raton, once the world’s largest web Hosting company. Adams is now CEO of GroupCare Technologies and chairman of MobileHelp; both leading providers in mobile health and safety.
The panel discussion will be moderated by Chris Fleck, an SFTA board member and vice president of mobility systems and alliances for Citrix Systems (NASDAQ: CTXS), a Fort Lauderdale company that provides secure remote access to data and applications.
Fleck, who is also an SFBW columnist, said, “This year is the 20 year anniversary of the Web and South Florida has our share of Internet pioneers. Founders of the companies that developed the Cloud, put Sports info online, and created the world’s largest web hoisting business are all here in our backyard and talking on the panel.”
Here is the schedule of events:
* 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm: Registration and Networking
* 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm: Panel Discussion: The Web Just Turned 20, Learn From the Internet Pioneers
* 8:00 pm – 8:30 pm: Meet the Speakers
Here’s the link to register: