Through its Corporate Social Responsibility efforts and The Spirit Charitable Foundation, Spirit Airlines is providing funds, ticket donations and program sponsorships to help support nonprofit organizations centered around education, the environment, arts, service members and disaster recovery.
“We believe that change starts by giving back and making a meaningful impact in people’s lives,” says Lania Rittenhouse, president of The Spirit Charitable Foundation and Vice President of Guest Experience and Brand for Spirit Airlines. “We are proud to support many esteemed organizations that work tirelessly to support those in need in our local community and beyond. As part of these charitable contributions, we will continue our commitment to our core areas of charitable support that mean so much to the entire Spirit Family.”
Spirit’s recent philanthropic endeavors will benefit the following organizations with South Florida ties:
- Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County, Inc.: A sponsorship agreement will support the Arsht Center’s mission to create meaningful community-building experiences for South Florida residents through active learning and live theatrical experiences.
- American Red Cross: Donations will provide relief efforts following natural disasters in both Haiti and Louisiana. Donations include providing safe refuge for displaced residents, nourishing meals, cleanup kits and other relief items. Plane tickets were also donated to medical professionals traveling to Haiti to provide care.
- Broward Center for the Performing Arts: As the Broward Center’s exclusive airline partner, Spirit Airlines will provide a sponsorship agreement to help build community through the arts. The Broward Center offers more than 700 performances. It provides one of the most extensive arts-in-education programs in the U.S., with more than 150,000 Broward County school children participating in free educational performances.
- Community Foundation of Broward: A donation to Eco Broward will help make the county a more resilient and sustainable place to live by funding projects that demonstrate measurable outcomes in four areas: Coastal Resilience, Habitat Protection, Energy Consumption and Water Quality.
- Girl Scouts of Tropical Florida: The donation will support the Girl Scouts’ new environmental and conservation initiative to address climate change by planting trees. In April, the program launched to plant five million trees across the country in five years and protect new and existing trees.
- Latino Pilots Association (LPA): Funds for scholarships to help foster Latino pilots’ education, growth and success in aviation. LPA works to empower, support and mentor the underrepresented in communities by providing education programs, training, mentoring and scholarships.
For more information, email Spirit.Foundation@Spirit.com.