Joining the Club
Resort hotels offer an array of golf, social memberships
By Martin Lenkowsky
A previous installment of SFBW’s “Inside the Gates” series discussed top private residential clubs, but there are options for golfers even if they don’t live in a country club community.
Grand Palms Spa and Golf Resort, Pembroke Pines
• Annual dues: $1,995 single (daily); $2,695 family (daily); $1,495 (weekdays only).
• Includes: $21 cart fee; discounts on pro shop merchandise, restaurants and local hotel bookings.
Turnberry Isle Miami, Aventura
• Membership: Nonrefundable $75,000 for full golf (or $65,000 cash or $150,000 refundable deposit paid in full), includes extended family and legacy privileges; nonrefundable $50,000 for executive golf (age 45-under) with 10-year interest free financing or $45,000 cash.
• Includes: 12 complimentary annual golf guest passes; unlimited play for cart fee on two Raymond Floyd-designed courses; complimentary locker and bag storage; discounted instructional clinics and lessons; complimentary valet parking; beach club access; pool access; fitness and spa access, including fitness classes; access to dining areas, bar, library and card room; member pricing on resort accommodations and purchases; unlimited tennis; adult and children’s activities; transferability of membership to adult children, grandchild or parent.
• Note: Social memberships start at $20,000 for limited golf (six rounds, Oct. 1-May 31) and unrestricted golf (June 1-Sept. 30) access.