The accounting and consulting firm Daszkal Bolton is offering a free webinar on Thursday, April 23, about how businesses can keep going amid the pandemic.
- Qualified disaster payments under U.S. code section 139, which allows qualified relief payments under the COVID-19 emergency to an employee for personal, family, living or funeral expenses, including child care, medical expenses or increased home expenses, and code section 165i, which regards federal disaster areas and taking a loss in the year of the disaster or the previous year
- State income tax relief-corporate and personal income taxes
- Sales tax relief—many states are not offering official extensions for filing/payment sales taxes
- nexus for remote workers
- Economic sales tax nexus issues.
- Loan program updates
- Financial modeling
- An update on payroll tax credits/deferments and sick leave issues
Managing Director and co-founder Michael Daszkal, CPA, will moderate the panel with firm CPAs Teri Kaye and Jeff Stamm, and the firm’s director of the state and local tax practice, Faith Gorman, Esq.