Social media has become an essential part of doing business. No matter what type of business you own or manage, social media may be the key to expanding your client base and increasing your brand reputation. Harness the power of social media and make it work for you.
Each month we’ll be digging in deeper and offering more insight into the world of social media, but we wanted to start with the basics to give everyone a good foundation. Let’s begin with one of the biggest sites around: Facebook.
You would be hard pressed to find someone that isn’t updating their status several times a day. Facebook has become a mainstay in almost every American home, so why not let it work for you? Successful businesses ally with sites like Facebook in order to capitalize on the reach to their customers with the products they have to offer. Some of this might sound pretty basic to you. You may even already be doing it, but these tips should help to optimize your efforts and maximize your returns.
8 ways you can make Facebook work for your business:
1. Be all that you can be!! Facebook provides you 851-351 pixels to market your business for FREE. Make sure you use them. Be sure to include pictures of products and their applications. If you are in a service industry, make sure to include pictures of happy clients. Update your cover image periodically to reflect new items, changes, seasonal specials and incentives you may be offering.
2. Use page tabs to route visitors to do business with you. Pay special attention to the first four tabs as they appear on the front page and don’t need to be clicked to be seen.
3. A picture is worth a thousand words, so make sure you use plenty of them. For example, images are the most shared posts on Facebook. Consider creating a look book of your current promotions or
4. Post exclusive offers on your Page. Conduct special promotions that provide a discount for anyone who likes or follows your page. Have current clients inform their patrons of your site. Customers will be grateful and might even see an increase in their business as well.
5. Provide incentives for sharing your page. This is a quick and easy way to spread the word and expand exposure to your brand. Most people that like or follow your site will be industry professionals. It stand to reason that those they share with will be as well, capitalize on this by offering small incentives to those who share your page.
6. Social promotions add excitement and keep customers and potential customers coming back to both your page and your business. Consider holding monthly or weekly contests and use your page to increase buzz about your business.
7. Geo target your ads. Geo targeting allows the customer to search for businesses in their particular geographic location. You can also target your content to be delivered to those with specific likes and by those who like businesses such as your own. Nervous about the competition? Target their followers and offer incentives for them to try your business next time.
8. Embed videos. Take advantage of this tool. Provide video testimonials and interviews with your customers.
Anyone in business can tell you that knowing your clientele is the key to growth. Social media provides you an opportunity to connect with your clients and market your business at the same time. Stay tuned as we delve into all that social media has to offer with our next installments regarding Instagram, Twitter and how trending can help you take a shortcut to bigger profit. Capitalize on your potential and your brand with these and other tips available today and every day in South Florida Business and Wealth.